30th July 2020:
◦ Zoom links have been created for all Upakarma batches and are being sent via the WhatsApp groups created. If you registered without a WhatsApp number, please contact us on +91-98849-75273 by SMS / WhatsApp / firstname.lastname@example.org
29th July 2020:
- Zoom links will be sent to all registered participants on the morning of 1st August.
- We request all participants to download and install the latest version of Zoom on their laptop/mobile well ahead of time.
- A trial session will be conducted on 1st August in the evening. Watch this space for updates.
- WhatsApp groups created for all batches to facilitate communication, based on the phone numbers submitted during registration. If you are not reachable on WhatsApp, it is difficult for us to communicate the Zoom links on time.
27th July 2020:
◦ COURIER TRACKING NUMBERS ARE AVAILABLE HERE! Please use these to track with Professional Couriers.
22nd July 2020:
◦E-mails sent via mailchimp to users registered on or before 20th July 2020. Email contents are listed below. Please check your Promotions tab / All Mail / Spam in case you have not received the e-mail on the address used while registration.
1. Poonal, pavitram and darbhai have been dispatched for all those who registered till 21st. We are continuing to send packages to those registering now. Packages are being sent via Professional Couriers (outside Chennai and other states, on 20th/21st July), and via speed post (Within Chennai, on 22nd/23rd July).
2. Professional couriers has guaranteed to deliver within four/five days, given the prevailing situation.
3. If you do not receive the package before 28th July, please contact your nearest Professional Couriers office to follow-up. Use the tracking numbers here.
4. Given the COVID situation, we also to request to figure out any alternate arrangements for obtaining poonal, pavitram and darbhai (e.g. from nearby shops/temples/neighbours).
Contents of the dispatched package:
a. Two sets of pavitram/darbhai per head, one for Kamokarshit Japam + Upakarma, and one for Gayathri Japam
b. One set poonal (3 numbers, i.e. 9 threads)
c. One extra poonal
d. Varalakshmi Nombu charadu (4 pieces)
e. Vyasa Puja Prasadam (akshatai with blessings of Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Acharyal). Please reserve this for Upakarma day, awaiting our further instructions.
1. Everyone must download the PDFs for Upakarma beforehand, to make it easier to follow the instructions/mantras during the Upakarma day.
PDF Instruction Sheets:
Yajur Upakarma (Tamil)
Yajur Upakarma (Devanagari)
Rig Upakarma (Tamil)
Rig Upakarma (Devanagari)
2. Detailed instruction videos for (a) Kamokarshit Japam, (b) Gayathri Japam, (c) General Online Upakarma do’s/dont’s and (d) Specific instructions (including Zoom links) for those who have registered for Asthika Dharmam online Upakarma event, will be shared with you shortly.